Your job search in a nutshell
If you are currently looking for a job, you probably already know some tips and tricks on how to do it properly. A job search is quite a long process (usually)! However, today WiPjobs will leave the interview tips behind: let’s talk about 10 most surprising facts in a job search!
- Employers get the first resume within 200 seconds after the job offer appears online.
- Recruiters tend to spend around 6,25 seconds on your resume before making the decision about your suitability for the position.
- Only around 17% of the recruiters tend to read the cover letters. (Yup, the one you were making so many efforts on!)
- A lot of companies do not want to accept someone who is currently unemployed.
- 44% of the recruiters explained that someone who has been unemployed for 2+ years has probably the most difficulties in finding a new job.
- Meanwhile, only 31% said that they would hardly accept someone with a criminal record.
- 66% of recruiters do not want a recent graduate: recent graduates are usually seen as unprepared for work.
- Recruiters usually tend to accept someone who is similar to themselves.
- Employers are 1,5 times more likely to accept a man than a woman (even though their qualifications are the same).
- Recruiters tend to google the job seekers and they will obviously make a social media research. (Make your unprofessional photos private!)